- The mission of the Health Education Council is to cultivate health and well-being in underserved communities by leveraging the power of collaboration.
- The mission of Mente Sana, Vida Sana embedded within the Ventanilla de Salud is to improve access to primary and preventive health services, increase public insurance coverage and promote a culture of prevention through information, education, counseling and referrals to quality health care in a safe and friendly environment.
Approach to programming
- Well-being education presentations in the Consulate waiting area and other trusted community locations
- Weekly Facebook live Mental health “Platicas” addressing various topics providing education, MSVS and VDS services awareness, stigma and referrals to our program
- Increase in mental health educational materials and its correlation to other chronic diseases, such as depression/diabetes and/or heart disease
- Psychoeducation workshops led by both male and female MSVS counselors, monthly and hosted through zoom during COVID19.
News & Updates
Who We Are
team & staff
- Debra Oto-Kent – Founder/Executive Director
- Amanda Bloom – Director of Programs and Impact
- Lupita Rodriguez – Program Administrator
- Oscar Velasco – Program Coordinator
- Natalia Mavarkis – Program Assistant
Download our organization overview to learn more about us.
Principal contact person
general contact information
Social Media links
Facebook Instagram Twitter YouTube LinkedIn